2.01.2010

189 - Who kicks ass? Me and Chuck Norris.

Ooooh... Sebastian Bach is gonna be on Celebrity Fit Club... which might make it worth watching... Let me 'splain... he's a total narcissist. He doesn't understand that he's not hot Sebastian Bach from Skid Row anymore... now he's didn't-age-so-well Sebastian Bach on skid row... Even in the commercial you can see him swagger. Where most people eventually back off... he doesn't... he's consistently full of himself. That's entertainment baby... he's gonna push someone's buttons. They may as well be mine. Before you judge -- aside from being a fan of SR, Sebastian was also on Gilmore girls, so I have fond memories of him on two fronts... I can't help myself...

You know, Josh Holloway is about 20 lbs (up or down), a bad hair cut, and a missing tooth away from looking like white trash. But as he is... so hot... Small changes make a huge difference in one's appearance, don't they?

Isn't it funny how we can bond with someone new, feel like they're so amazingly like you, you feel like you have this amazing connection, even deeper than the connection you have with some of your best friends, you think this is forever... and it lasts... for the blink of an eye? Just wondering. I've been there a few times. It's almost like falling in love, but platonic. Watched the finale of Tough Love, and now I'm watching Secrets of Aspen, just waiting to see how long some of these 'relationships' last... I see the signs...

Yesterday must have been 'give Kristy an award' day on Blogger! I am seriously giving Chuck Norris a run for his money, because I won  -- not one... not two... not three... but FOUR Kicking Ass awards, one from TS, one from Lisa Marie, one from Kato, and another from Sarah. That's a lot of ass kicking, no wonder I'm so tired! They all had such nice things to say about me and my blog, and I never, never get tired of getting awards, though I humbly don't think my blog is anything super special... They are all venerable bloggers themselves, and I am always at the ready every time I see a new title from one of their blogs on my sidebar. So thank you guys! Kisses and hugs all around! xoxoxoxo

Also, Kato handed me a Best Follower award. We all know how I heart Kato, so I won't waste your time with another blogger makeout session... but if you are unfamiliar with her work (and her personality), you are seriously missing out.

I'm going to space out the handing out of awards because I just gave some out, and I feel like I give them to the same people every time -- not that they don't deserve it, just want to keep it spicy. So now I get to answer some questions (yea, another interview and my book hasn't even been published!):

1. What is your current obsession?

Learning how to do things like garden or purify water without a working stove. I guess there was a delay on my post-Ike hurricane freak out, because now I want to ensure that if it happens again, I handle it better. I have to say, I handled it pretty well last time... mom and dad came over and we had some pretty nice meals thanks to Mr. Weber (my grill), including dessert. But if the power outage had gone on for a few more days it might have been another story. It's very eye-opening when you can't just make a run to the grocery store to get that one missing ingredient, or your refrigerator is not cold anymore. You really start to miss fresh fruits and vegetables. I want to learn all kinds of things: how to make soap, and cheese, and can, and what herbs do what medicinally... all that stuff, I just need to institute a timeline. I think I have a nifty title: Project 'Learn the Old Ways'... but maybe it needs a little work... how about "Project Almanac?"

2. What are you wearing today?

Jeans, a long-sleeved comfy shirt, thick socks (just now starting to appreciate the value of good socks), and a grey hoodie with a rip in it (and unmentionables that I won't mention because they're unmentionable)

3. What's for dinner?

I made nachos with some yummy whole-grain chips, ground beef, homemade guac, salsa, and sharp cheddar cheese. If I had just broiled it a smidge less it would have been better... but it was pretty good, and tum-tum is not upset which makes it a WINNER *theme to Rocky goes here* (yes, another Gilmore girls reference)

4. What's the last thing you bought?

Heh heh heh... I was on the Apocalypse kick, so I bought a survival knife. A Buck 119 like Bear supposedly uses. Crush aside, I figure if Bear uses it, it friggin' works! What I'll use it for... I'm not sure... but dad's all kinds of excited, so that counts for something.

5. What are you listening to right now?

The heater whooshing through the vents, a clock ticking, and the sounds of the keys as I type. It's an uncharacteristically quiet moment for me as I usually have the television on in the background all the time. I need more silent moments...

6. What do you think about the person who tagged you?

Kato is awesome. I could gush on and on about Kato but I'll attempt to put it into one all-encompassing sentence: I think she's an incredibly talented writer with a huge heart and contagious enthusiasm.

7. If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be?

If I had to pick a geographic location that I can name I'd probably say Birnam, Scotland (yes, where I got lost in the woods... one must get back on the horse). Ultimately I think of it in terms of a photograph: mountains in the background with a waterfall on rainy days, a lake off to the side, house surrounded by trees, a nice garden, and somewhere nearby, a cliff with jagged rocks at the bottom so I could sit and watch the waves crash against them. But let's be honest, a fully paid for house, generally speaking is a treasure in and of itself! As long as it's in a decent neighborhood, and there is decent square footage, I'm not sure I'd be too picky.
8. What are your must-have pieces for summer?

My what-whats? If this is a fashion question, you should refer back to what I'm currently wearing!

9. If you could go anywhere in the word for the next hour, where would you go?

Mississippi to see my cuzzy wuzzy.

10. Which language do you want to learn?

Gaelic

11. What's your favourite quote?

I have two, but this one is more amusing... "There are three kinds of people in this world... those who can count, and those who can't."

12. Who do you want to meet right now?

A great guy. I need someone to hold my hair next time I get wolloped with a flu bug!

13. What is your favourite colour?

Black

14. Give us three styling tips that work for you.

Hmmm... Round brush, smudge brush, kabuki brush

15. What is your dream job?

I really wish I knew. The one I have is rotting my insides. I need something more fulfilling and exciting. Anyone got any ideas? (I'm serious)

16. What's your favourite magazine?

Because of the recipes, Martha Stewart Living

17. If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on?

Since I'm in a gardening mindset, I'd probably buy potting soil. My god I'm so frivilous!

18. What do you consider a fashion faux pas?

Guys... as your friend I think you should know: as you get older and things start to sag or enlarge, or whatever it is that causes this phenomenon... please don't be wearing khaki's and sit with your legs splayed open. It may be a comfortable position for you, but the Dong Show is dreadfully uncomfortable for the rest of us. (hopefully no one was drinking just now... if you were, please wipe off your computer screen and we'll wait for you here)
19. Who according to you is the most over-rated style icon?

Any of the Kardashian's... I'm sick of them all... they're famous for what? Nothing!  Not worth anyone's time! Stop it! (this is where I imagine myself eviscerating a pillow case with my teeth)
20. What kind of haircut do you prefer?

A good one. Because they're so hard to come by.

21. What are you going to do after this?

Jillian.

22. What are your favourite movies?

I have psychic abilities when it comes to most movies. I can predict what's going to happen, or who the killer is. If I didn't expect the ending (The Others, The Ring, The Uninvited, The Passengers... hmmm... The, The, The...) then it's awesome.

23. What inspires you?

People (what they say, what they do)

24. What do your friends call you most commonly?

The Queen High Mistress of the Universe. (I'm serious)

25. Would you prefer coffee or tea?

I wouldn't

26. What do you do when you are feeling low or terribly depressed?

Nothing... because I'm sad and depressed...

27. What makes you go wild?

Wild... how? I don't know... they cycles of the moon?

28. Which other blogs do you love visiting?

See sidebar.

29. Favourite dessert/ sweet?

Lemon icebox pie, anything chocolatey, or cheesecake. So a lemony chocolate cheesecake.

30. How many tabs are turned on in your browser right now?

Five. I have ADD. Sue me.

31. Favourite season?

Fall
32. If I come to your house now, what would you cook for me?

Sure! Beef Burgounin coming up!

33. What is the right way to avoid people who purposefully hurt you?

Is there a wrong way to avoid them?

34. What are you afraid of the most?

Stagnation

35. When you looked at yourself in the mirror today, what is the first thing you thought?

Lookin' mighty fine today missy... now if only I believed th-- damn, another hair to pluck!

36. What brings a smile to your face instantly?

My kitties, my friends and family, Billy Zane, money, Gilmore girls, Play a Simple Melody by Bing Crosby, weekends, holidays, brownies, Steve Martin, karma, french fries

37. A word you say a lot?

Crap

38. What would you do if you were made president for one day?

Dissolve the government and start over

39. What is the one thing that keeps you going?

My stupid work ethic

40. What word drives you crazy when you hear it?

He was like, talking to me, and like, I dunno, like... he just couldn't like spit it out... like -- what's his problem? I'm all like... gawd... and he was all like geez... and then we like just walked away. (more evisceration of pillows)

41. What's your least favourite character trait?

Stubborness
And then I have to add my own.

42. Why?

Why not?

The End

10 comments:

  1. No, Sebastian Bach most definiltey did not age well, but man back in the day....he was HAWT!! I didn't know he was gonna be on CFC, but now I will def watch it! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. like.. TOTALLY COOOL lol :D

    LOVED IT! (couldn't resist :)

    Aion

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, will you be watching the new series "Parenthood" with Lauren Graham, or boycotting it because it isn't Gilmore Girls? I adored Gilmore Girls! The pace and wit were amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha Skid Row- saw them 1988!!! No, he is totally ridiculous now.
    I love your list. Gardening is great! I highly reccomend a small herb garden. Not only are they easy to grow but useful and the fragrant is lovely. Lavender is easy and tends to grow like crazy. Oh how I love plants!
    Dong Show!!!! I swear I peed a little laughing (that is easy to do after childbirth)
    I know you will find that special someone that not only will hold your hair, but hold you all night afterward. Congrats on the awards.. you do in fact kick ass

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sabastian Bach is going to be great on Celebrity Fit Club, but I'm most looking forward to K-Fed and Shar Jackson!

    ReplyDelete
  6. MHM - I didn't even recognize him on Gilmore girls... honestly I thought, 'I wonder if that guy is really a musician?' and watched the credits, and I still couldn't process it

    Aion - I'll forgive you this once =)

    MA - I dunno. I generally like Lauren Graham because her character's personalities seems to be fairly consistent... but, I want to be careful about comparisons to Gg...it stands alone and I shouldn't get my hopes up. Will I watch it? Probably. It actually took me a few episodes before I liked Gg, if I had written it off I would have missed out on something great

    LM - I actually have a successful herb garden, especially my rosemary... oh she is a beautiful bush... I need to master tomatoes and lettuce this year. And get some Sevin dust to kill the damned bugs who suck the juice out of all my beautiful cherry tomatoes... bastards. (I was way proud of coining the dong show, hee hee)

    ABAO - Don't they get along now? If they fought it might be fun, but I still think Sebastian is going to be the King Turd.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these interview things. It is like looking inside your mind...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved reading this. And thank you for the lovely words. I think all those same things right back at you, and then some more :)

    Ooooo Sebastian. Man I used to think he was so dreammyyy!! But now that I think about it, what 'metal' band has a dreamy front man? Hmmmm.....

    Once again, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joe - my mind is skeery

    Kato - =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oy my god! Did you watch the first episode of CFC?!?!?! I can't wait for next weeks episode!!!!

    ReplyDelete