12.30.2009

157 - A fine, fine day

It was a pretty good day. I got really, really pissed off a couple of times (I'm talking about you, Bank of Dumberica), but the good far outweighed the bad and the day ended on a nice note. Nice for a change. =)

So here's a little game we used to play on Myspace... write an anonymous sentence to other people (or even yourself)... things on your mind that you wish you could say, but can't. Nice, not so nice, whatever. Doesn't matter if they read it or not, and since most of these people probably don't read my blog, I could probably name them outright... but that's not the game (and you just never know). So here goes:

-- You have the potential to make me sadder than I've been in a very long time... on the other hand you could potentially make me happier than I've ever been. You're kinda scary like that, but I'm ready if you are.

-- You've helped me so many times without even realizing it. Thank you. =)

-- You can't hold a grudge forever. Sometimes you have to put the past behind you.

-- Stop only listening to the bad things and start paying more attention to the good.

-- I wish you could see how wonderful you are. You make me laugh harder than anyone I know, you've got a quick mind, and a huge heart... I wish the best for you and I hate to see you go down that road.

-- Stop being so scared to live life, it's freeing to break out of the box.

-- Stop drinking. You're fucking up your life and pushing everyone who loves you away. Prove them wrong and show them you aren't a loser.

-- You're so complacent about things. When people hurt you, you let it slide. Sometimes it's okay to let go. You don't have to be everyone's friend.

-- You make your own luck.

-- I wish you'd make up your mind.

-- I owe you an apology. I blamed you for something that wasn't your fault and I held it against you. I think I understand now. I wish I could undo it all.

-- I sincerely hope you eventually reap what you've sown.

-- I miss you so much. The world's a lot less fun when you're not around... we should hang out more.

-- You are like a ray of sunshine. It's impossible to be unhappy when you're around.

-- You're one of the few people who actually gets me. Other people think they do... but you actually do. We've had our ups and downs, but I hope we can always work through it because my life... would suck... withoooooooooooot you...

-- Thank you for putting up with my shit. I know it's not always easy to be my friend, but thank you for making it seem like it is.

-- It's nice to know you'll always be there to talk to. You're one of the keepers.

-- Sometimes we fail, don't let it eat you up. This too shall pass.

-- I wish you would stand up to the bullies in your life.

-- I feel like myself around you, and you may very well be the only person I've ever met who I can say that about. I don't even understand it, but it's delightful.

-- Thank you for listening to me whine, for cheering me on, for always believing in me even when I didn't believe in myself.

-- I wish I could help you, but I can't. You have to help yourself.

-- Thank you for coming into my life.

So that's it. The cryptic, and not so cryptic, things I wish I could say, but for whatever reason can't. Or sometimes I guess I have. And yes, if you like the game, you can 'steal' it. I did. =)

Next, it's really supposed to be a Winter Solstice thing, but I always do it on NYE... writing down the things I don't want following me into 2010, and burning them at midnight. Shorter list than last year and the year before. =) 2010 is going to be a good year.

6 comments:

  1. wow that was kinda intense there... you are far ballsier than I am to do it. Good for you girlie!
    here's to 2010!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally somebody else who thinks BofA should be BofD...They friggin suck HARD!!!

    I like the game...I think I will indeed have to "borrow" it (stealing isn't nice according to my 8 year old). That's gotta be pretty liberating...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I loved reading those messages! Kind of like Post Secrets!

    Here's mine:

    I'm sort of terrified of what 2010 will bring. Honestly, I'm not sure I'm ready for any of it, but I guess we'll figure it out as we go. God, I suck at flying by the seat of my pants.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LM - No balls required, that's the beauty of it. No one knows who the hell you're talking about, but you unfortunately some people do think it's about them even when it isn't. Guess it's like a little mirror...

    Bendigo - Well... it's not stealing if I give it away, lol. And it does feel good... even if you're not actually saying it to someone's face, you're at least getting it out.

    L/L - I think 2010 is going to be an excellent year. I'm new to the whole flying by the seat of my pants thing, but so far it feels pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like 2010 is going to be a good year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Girlie I have a neurotic fear that they will all know and then yell at me!

    ReplyDelete