12.27.2009

154 - Tired

No matter how many times I watch Romancing the Stone, it's still a good movie. Just sayin'.

Went to dinner with a couple of friends, had some good sushi, and some lovely plum wine... so I'm a little sleepy now. I'm not really a wine person, and when I have it, I tend toward dessert wines, but even for me it was a little syrupy. In fact, it reminded me a bit of Robitussin... which you might think is a bad thing, but I rather like the taste (just not a whole glass full). It was a very nice time and I love getting to reconnect with Melody. I am also quite fond of her husband, Chad (which is the way it's supposed to be... my friends are supposed to marry cool people...). And Debra, I see Debra a lot and always enjoy it.

Didn't accomplish much today, but I did come up with an idea to help me with the whole impulse buying situation. I will not go back to using cash... it's impractical for me because one of the main reasons I use the card is buildup airline points. But I like the idea of the cash jars they use on 'Til Debt Do Us Part, because it makes money tangible. When I have to use cash I do put more thought into it... I just never use cash.... So I thought that if I print off copies of money and put that into the jars, and then have to take that out every time I spend money, maybe that will make it tangible to me. Sometimes a visual can be an effective tool, and if I can pretend that it's real money, it may make me rethink my purchase. So tomorrow I'm going to print off a few fake ones, fives, tens, twenties, fifties and hundreds, and start divvying it out according to my budget. We'll see how it goes.

I'm not really excited to return to work tomorrow, but then again... I'm not a manager anymore, so I guess I should be happier about it. And we get another holiday. And I get a week's sick time soon. Guess I do have something to look forward to after all! lol

Sorry for the boring post... I'm about to nod off... Hope everyone had a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. back to work... sooo hard to do after a break.
    Jane Wilder!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's amazing to look at Kathleen Turner then and now... wowsa what a change.

    ReplyDelete