12.11.2009

139 - Can it be?

Can it be? Have I possibly exhausted the endless parade of somewhat palatable Lifetime and Hallmark Christmas movies? Is there nothing left that I haven't seen? Glancing at tonight's schedule it appears to be true... Silver Bells... seen it... I'll Be Home for Christmas... seen it... Debbie Macomber's Mrs. Miracle... seen it... Mr. St. Nick... seen enough of it... I may have to break out a dvd... Once I finish watching Taken... which is not a Christmas-y movie, but in the great scheme of things, it's way more Christmas-y than Last House on the Left... and I'm so intrigued that instead of dividing my time between the two... I've paused it while I blog.

Oh! Wow! If you read this in time, you can see the worst movie EVER -- Cabin by the Lake... LMN at 5 pm. If you missed out... well... you won't be sorry. It's the watching that's painful.

Speaking of painful watching... last night I was scrolling through the online guide and saw a movie entitled... Killer Condom... Yes, oh yes... Killer Condom. I couldn't stop myself. It was on LOGO, which made me pause, but come on... Killer Condom? I couldn't pass it up... could you? It was horrible (if you hadn't already figured it out). It was in German, too... I lasted about two minutes, but my favorite random dialogue moment was... okay, so the guy was in a hospital bed because he's missing one of his bits and pieces, and his friend (or associate, who knows?) is telling him that it wasn't a condom that bit it off, it was that the guy he was with just got overzealous (does this happen often? guys bite each other's hmm-hmms off?... anyone?), so uniball says, "No -- he ran out of the house because he was scared. It was a carnivorous condom. He'd never seen one before... have you?" Double ouch (for bad dialogue and condoms with teeth). So... I flipped back to The Golden Girls and promptly fell asleep... not because I don't like them, but because I've also seen all of those episodes, too... Lifetime and Hallmark just don't have many surprises for me anymore, or so it would seem.

So tonight I'm having a hamburger delivered... as well as some fried mushrooms... and a slice of coconut pie, and I'm staying in and watching movies because tomorrow I have a holiday party to attend, and that's my big hurrah for the weekend. I find myself planned out into the future again... party tomorrow... hang out with Ernie on the 16th... party at my house on the 19th... brunch with Kirk on the 20th... Christmas Eve and Day with the folks... hang out with Mel on the 27th, and then, you know... NYE. Whoop-de-doo. Suddenly down time becomes precious. Sigh.

Okay, well... gonna get back to the movie... gotta watch Liam kick some A-double-ess. Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

  1. You remind of my sis. She loves LTM and Hallmark too. She watches them endlessly... as for me. I will be watching my version of an XMas movie, "Die Hard". Now there's a holiday classic...
    Yippeekayayyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooooooooooove Christmas movies. Still trying to get that Christmas feeling...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha!!! 'Hmm hmm'! That is the funniest thing I have ever heard! Seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah... I was going for that dark vampire thing, but since the blog morphed into just me yakking about stuff... this is much easier to read.

    ReplyDelete