4.22.2010

259 - Fun with alarm clocks

I imagine this to be a little like Harry Potter trying to find the one key to open the door to the Chamber of Secrets, but without the rest of the angry keys or the broomstick... and very early in the morning.


Info:

"Trouble getting up in the morning? This unique flying alarm clock will do the trick! When the alarm sounds, the propeller is launched into the air and flies around the room. To turn off the alarm, you'll have to get up, find the propeller and return it to the base.


 
With the large easy to read back-lit display, you'll always know what time it is. Need another precious few minutes of sleep? The clock is equipped with a snooze function. This Flying Alarm Clock is perfect for college students, people who work the night shift, and anyone who isn't a morning person!

 
Features Include:
  • Easy to set
  • Snooze function
  • LCD Display has day of the week
  • Displays Seconds
  • Displays AM or PM
  • Alarm sound is of an airplane taking off & landing
  • Large alarm icon on display when alarm is set
  • Backlight is very bright, the entire display lights up in a very bright blue
  • 2 demo buttons - 1 for the motorized propeller & sound & 1 just for the sound
  • Count-up timer mode"
You can buy it here if you want, for $7.99 + free shipping. I'm intrigued, but I just don't have that kind of energy in the morning, and for my luck that propeller would hit the ceiling fan and be flung straight at my head, or it would end up under the bed and I'd never be able to turn the blasted alarm off (barring just pulling the plug). Or imagine, if you wear glasses and need them to see, they're on your bedside table, but the propeller knocks them off... you can't find your glasses and you can't find that blasted propeller! Hmph.

12 comments:

  1. This would only be slightly less annoying than hiring Chuck Norris to stand over you and threaten to beat you up if you don't get up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will pass on this alarm. Like so many other "propeller" items I have purchased in the past I just end up getting hit in the face and that's no fun for me. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Joe's comment is so funny!

    I'd think it was a bat and go into complete panic mode. It'd wake me up though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see me just rolling over and pulling the plug LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh man, that would definitely be for me! I'm not a morning person and a student! But I'd probably end up throwing it out of my window too :P

    ReplyDelete
  6. yeah that propeller would destroy something in my room, probably my sanity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be such a b---- coming into the office in the mornings after getting that very rude awakening. I do think it's pretty cool, though!
    Cheers,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  8. My hubs would want this

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! I have to get this for my mom for mother's day! That lady has me give her a wake-up call every day!!! How much fun I will have with this?

    Is there a clock that slaps you? - if yes, she might need that as well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw one that flashes a target on the ceiling.... It comes with a laser gun, and you have to shoot the bullseye of the target if you want to shut off the alarm!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i love these posts .. nice blog .

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just bought it for my mom for Mother's Day. This will be a fun one - well and I will get her a gift card!!!

    Thank you so much for the link!!!

    ReplyDelete