10.26.2009

103 - And then there were none

Wow. It's finally here. I started planning this trip two years ago and we finally leave tomorrow. I'm ready to cut loose and relax... I've been stressing, I'm exhausted. My cousin's itinerary was fine this morning when I checked it. When she checked in this afternoon there was a note that her second flight was delayed. They didn't say how long. She freaked out. I started to freak out. I called Delta. Five minutes. The flight would be delayed by five... minutes... Good grief.

Some blogs to tide you over while I'm gone:
  • Excellent post by Laurel K. Hamilton, author of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series, about the business side of writing. I'm really digging her blog -- this is what I think all good author websites should be like, updated frequently, open, personalized.
  • A prediction about the next big thing, apocalyptic stories (yea... I love those, too)
  • Interesting... book price wars continue to build momentum with retailers taking a loss, and now publishers have had enough. It's ridiculous. I frickin' despise WalMart.
  • Writing love scenes, something I grappled with in my novel. How far do you go? Not far enough and you're wussing out, too far and it can get uncomfortable.
  • This was so cleverly written... Of Life and Layoffs experience scheduling an interview
  • And speaking of Bruce Lee, this makes me laugh so hard I cry (not appropriate for work)
  • Wow. Publishing is going on quite the roller coaster ride. Sux for me as a new writer. Did I mention that I frickin' hate WalMart? I can't say that enough.
  • You can spend all day here. Titanic, The Exorcist, and Twilight are my faves.

And when I return, a bazillion pics of my vacation and my travel diary entries. I know... it's 'edge of your seat' crazy!

6 comments:

  1. Best of luck on your trip...Hope it's everything you have been hoping for :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great time!! Eat a deep fried Mars Bar!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow have a fantastic time.

    Kate x
    http://secretofficeconfessions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks guys! Kato, I will attempt to find a deep fried Mars bar. I guess they sell those at the pubs? Anyway... two more hours and the oddessy begins... wheeee!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun on your trip!

    missykimmy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hoping you're having a fabulous time!

    ReplyDelete