10.11.2009

088B - Weirdness (a blog that more than makes up for the crappy earlier blog)

One of my friends posted a pic of her broom standing upright in her kitchen and claimed that NASA was telling people that metal brooms would stand upright by themselves in your kitchen because of something happening with the electromagnetic field tonight. I said, "yea right... something's fishy and I think it's FISHING LINE!" But she called and said there was no fishing line involved, and because I know her, I believed her.

So I started toying around with it.

I wondered... why the kitchen? Must be because of the appliances... So I moved the broom to the triangle where my refrigerator, stove and dishwasher intersect, and sure enough... damn thing's standing there on its own. Weird. Disconcerting. Still standing.

Since I know that no one will believe me (unless they do it themselves), I video'd it. I swear on my trip to Scotland that I didn't rig it in anyway, it's standing on its own. Kinda curious when it's going to fall over... probably middle of the night because I'll forget about it and go to bed without putting it back in the closet, and it'll scare the crap out of me...


3 comments:

  1. Now THAT is weird. How long did it stand for?

    Cool blog by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It stood until 1:30 pm the next day and then it fell over. It's a good thing, too, because I would have probably have let it stand for months if it was possible, and it was kinda getting in the way.

    ReplyDelete