10.08.2009

086 - Random

As I walked into work this morning I realized what a curmudgeon I can be. There are a couple of long-winded people that I just don't have the patience for... at all really, but especially in the morning. I'm not a morning person. I'm a nightowl. So as I pull in to my parking space, I admit it... I sort of glance around and make sure these people aren't anywhere in the vicinity, and if they are, I dawdle. I fiddle with my visor, I lean over to arrange my bags... I kill time so that they end up walking ahead of me (not behind me, because as fast as I walk, that still allows them the opportunity to catch up...). This morning I saw one of those people just pulling up and my mind screamed, "Go Kristy! Go! Go! Go!" It was like I was running from a sniper. This person is widely known for their long-windedness, but even more famous for not having a clue. I have edged toward the door, I have overtly shut the conversation down (well, okay then... I need to get going...), I have stood in the door of the bathroom with a pained look on my face trying to subconsciously will them to implode before my bladder bursts... and they keep talking. After years of being nice about it, I've decided enough is enough... avoidance is the only way!

Sometimes I can be extremely lazy... like 'how can a person possibly be that lazy,' lazy. It was sort of a rough day and I'm worn out, so I don't even feel like making a salad or throwing a potato in the oven. I know -- that's really lazy, but I told you... I feel like letting my food come to me, but I'm not in the mood for pizza. When it's that bad, I call Takeout Taxi. I don't do it often, because there's an order minimum, and then you pay a delivery fee, and a processing fee, and you're expected to tip the driver... plus since I don't live in the city, the restaurant selection is rather limited. But whenever it gets so bad that I don't give a shit that it costs double what it would cost if I got off my ass and picked it up myself, I order from them -- and this is how lazy I'm feeling... I didn't even pick up the phone to call, I went online. That way I don't have to deal with another human being and give them the opportunity to piss me off. I'm starving... I wanted calamari, so I ordered calamari. And stuffed mushrooms. And a salad. And key lime pie. Mmmmm... You can tell it was a bad day because there's no entree on that list... just appetizers.

I'm starting to feel a little run down. My throat is a little scratchy, and I am praying that if I have to get sick, it'll happen this weekend. It's a 3-day weekend for me, so it will suck, but I don't have any spare vacation days at work, and I certainly don't want to be sick on my vacation. I'm seriously considering getting the flu shot at work this year. I got it once, and I got the flu, so I vowed never to do it again. I operate under the assumption that everyone around me seems to get the shot, so by process of elimination, I'm protected. What makes me think differently this year is that I will be on a plane with hundreds of other people... I'm not sure that I want to risk it. I don't know. What do you think, should I get the shot or take a chance?

1 comment:

  1. Hold please... dictionary.com: curmudgeon

    And $10 says I know who you were avoiding... I do it too! 8)

    ReplyDelete