10.23.2009

100 - 100th Post and nuthin' special but the ed

I think I am just doomed to be irritated.

I placed an order with Wing Stop, cuz they have the best wings and fries and ranch, and I crave it... Come Friday, if I have no plans (which I don't... can you say exhausted? I am sooooooooo sleeping in tomorrow), I want some wings (was gonna be funny and say 'wangs' like I had an accent and all, but then I realized that 'wang' is kind of a real word, and if I say I crave 'wangs', Greg's gonna be all on my jock... ur a perv... but you're my homie)...

I have my order down pat: 10-piece, half original, half garlic-parmesan, an order of fries, and a side of ranch.

In that last sentence, were the words 'coke' or 'soda' or 'drink' on the screen? No? Well they didn't come out of my mouth either, but they persist on trying to sell me the damn combo. The problem is that they don't ask, they just tack it on to the bill. Grrrr... homey-don't-play-dat (did anyone else love In Living Color? Gads that show was brilliant.) So I got my seventy-two cents back, thankyouverymuch.

And that reminds me that it's time to take my change to the bank and add it to my travel fund. I am estimating upwards of twen-ty buckaroonies this time around... BONUS! I used to pay with cash, and any change went into the piggy bank, but I never use cash anymore. That's why it's such a pitifully small amount. But it's something at least. My enthusiasm is waning (it is waining!).

Just finished watching The Haunting of Molly Hartley. Another grrr moment. I'd like to say I got all worked up and there was just no payoff... but I didn't even get worked up. I think I can bring it home by telling you... it's a boring version of Rosemary's Baby. Which was pretty boring I thought.

So now I'm watching Monsters vs. Aliens. I'm not very far into it, so I haven't formed an opinion yet, but I am amazed at how realistic some of the animation looks. Wow. The hamburger looks real. The hair looks real. The idea that she grows and grows, her dress gets shorter, yes -- but it's otherwise gaining in size along with her... that part's a little hard to swallow, but it's PG, right? Don't want any awkward moments for the kiddos... this ain't Heavy Metal. And oh... who would have thought I would find the physical humor so funny... she slams the alien on the table... ha! I'm laughing! Wanna watch the movie with me? No? Not interested? I get that. Ha! The alien threw his back ou... oh, sorry. Did it again.

This morning I had to chase the garbage truck. I leave at about the same time every morning... the garbage men keep showing up earlier and earlier... Imagine that... people who like to get up in the morning. Freaks... I find that life is easier without a garbage can to keep track of. I close up my trash bag, set it on the curb, it's gone when I get home and I'm okay with that. It's like magic. I like magic, hence my obsession with Harry Potter... I digress... Since I don't have a can, I don't set my trash out the night before because sometimes raccoons or strays tear into it and then there's garbage all over the place.

So this morning I realize that the truck sounds awfully close, but sound can be misleading sometimes, and since I live by the main drag, they drive by and I hear them, but they're not necessarily at my house. When I opened the garage door I saw that they were indeed in front of my house, so I shuffle to the end of my driveway (heavy bag), but they failed to make eye contact and they were about to move on to the next street. So I said, "Hey!" to get their attention. Whaddaya know, it worked. And then the guy grabbed the trashbag, the bag with my lunch in it and my purse strap (they were all in the same hand) and we played a little game of tug-o-war with each other for a few seconds as I attempted to extract my lunch and my purse from his iron grip. That's all I need is for my purse to get compacted... Oy. In the end, all was well.

So I've been reading a new book and it's hilarious... Undead and Unwed. About vampires, of course. It keeps me laughing. Even when the bathwater starts to get cold, I don't want to stop reading. I see a new series in my future.

But I'm taking Enslaved by Ducks with me to read on the trip (not taking it to carry it around for looks... just so we're clear). I saw it profiled in Entertainment Weekly years ago, got totally reeled in by the title, and it has sat on my bookshelf, patiently waiting for me to read it ever since. The duck on the cover has been patient with me, but I sense his hostility. It is time.

What? I, well... I -- Woohoo! 'Most distracting use of parentheticals' award goes to... me? Oh my gosh! I totally accept. I've been working toward this my whole life. The day I nested five parenthetical thoughts in one sentence? Well, I knew it's what I wanted to be when I grew up. I'd like to thank the big guy... my parents... and a latent hyperactivity gene that makes me goofy when I'm all wound up about something (Scotland. Didn't think you were going to get through a whole blog without hearing about the trip did you??? Silly optimistic fools... muahaha), and the academy (of voices in my head) for giving me this honor. *Smack* Get away from me Kanye, it's MINE!!!

G'night. If I keep going, this is only going to get worse... ;)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on your 100th post!!!

    Your day sounds like how mine was. It rained like crazy here and my umbrella broke :) I also had to be outside quite a bit today!

    I hope your weekend goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, congrats...hope the next 100 are as compelling.
    plentymorefishoutofwater.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at "wings". I'd eat them every...single...day.

    Of course, félicitations for your 100th post, keep it up!!

    And finally, I hope you'll have a great trip! I know you'll have tons to write about after it and I already can't wait (hope that doesn't put too much pressure on your shoulders):P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, 100th post and you want some wangs!!

    Congrats!! You're my homie too!! 8-)

    ReplyDelete