Some blogs to tide you over while I'm gone:
- Excellent post by Laurel K. Hamilton, author of the Anita Blake: Vampire Hunter series, about the business side of writing. I'm really digging her blog -- this is what I think all good author websites should be like, updated frequently, open, personalized.
- A prediction about the next big thing, apocalyptic stories (yea... I love those, too)
- Interesting... book price wars continue to build momentum with retailers taking a loss, and now publishers have had enough. It's ridiculous. I frickin' despise WalMart.
- Writing love scenes, something I grappled with in my novel. How far do you go? Not far enough and you're wussing out, too far and it can get uncomfortable.
- This was so cleverly written... Of Life and Layoffs experience scheduling an interview
- And speaking of Bruce Lee, this makes me laugh so hard I cry (not appropriate for work)
- Wow. Publishing is going on quite the roller coaster ride. Sux for me as a new writer. Did I mention that I frickin' hate WalMart? I can't say that enough.
- You can spend all day here. Titanic, The Exorcist, and Twilight are my faves.
And when I return, a bazillion pics of my vacation and my travel diary entries. I know... it's 'edge of your seat' crazy!